FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and Nervous
Thread: New and Nervous
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:05 pm
AUS2008

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Thanks, exbayern!

Katie...I do hope it goes better in AUS. I've really not had any bad TSA experience here (knock on wood). I do not know if they have that cast-scope here. I can try to ask when I fly out again soon. If you do want someone as a "witness" when you fly out, PM me with dates and I'll see if I'm available.

And seriously...if they are only xraying your leg, why NOT provide lead shielding for the rest of you?? Heck, even the more focused dental xrays do that. Just go have them pull the lead drapes off of one of the carry on luggage xray machines.

And, some radiologists are in the room with xrays...either doing procedures such as fluoroscopy or interventional procedures. But they have on lead aprons (or the more protective wrap around vest and kilt combo), and thyroid shields, and at times, lead lined glasses or goggles to help prevent against early cataract formation. (and then the rest of the time, we're in the reading room, away from the radiation...with lead walls and doors between us and the xray rooms).

Originally Posted by Chellian

Funny, my husband mentioned that the dude who groped him within an inch of his life also had a "radiologist friend." TSA must have some befriend-a-radiologist program.
Oh, I won't be signing up for that one!

Chellian...hope your holiday wasn't too lonely without the trip!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:26 am Reason: merge consecutive posts