FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Greetings from M&M in 2010
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:38 pm
tcswede

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
I also got the greeting card mentioned in the first post.

I remember that as a german SEN I always got a christmas card that was machine printed and signed. As HON I got a card on the first day after christmas - but it did not have any seasons greetings or good wishes but only the message you've flown a lot in 2010, we hope you'll fly a lot in the 365 days of 2011 also. Very strange message IMO and very strange that they did not include seasons greeting.

As far as I heard from long time HONs the history of sending out very exclusive birthday and christmas present towards the 2010 birthday key fob and non christmas-card is very telling about the HON Circle programs enhancements of the past years.

HON Circle is not an exclusive program anymore. Let's see, what LH management can "enhance" in the future. What's left? Number of evouchers, award booking guarantee, limousine service or lounges/First Terminal in FRA or MUC...? We'll see...
With all respect - it was never -from day 1 - communicated in any HON literature that there would be fancy birthday presents and snazzy Christmas gift - yes it was nice to have but to take it for granted is a tad rich.

What enhancements are you talking about ? The closing of the Kassel Service Centre - yes that is really sour because Berlin sucks unfortunately more often than not - and in addition there is a serious attitude problem - the discontinuation of UA as HON miles - the reduction of Exec Bonus from 50 to 25 % - this should was all clear before you decided to whack out 11 or so K of € for a shiny card. If you now feel shortchanged - sorry but that is though luck because you have not realized that HON is a tool for frequent flyers - and as Murphy already said the more you fly the more likely there is something that can and will go wrong and this is where HON kicks in - because more often than not it will ease the pain - it will help you when you arrive in foreign places - mostly eastwards which is my main direction and also assist on the return. Thus one needs to valuate the service promise on beforhand if it fits with your requirements rather than moan on feeling shortchaged on issues that were never communicated.

Cheers

Thomas