FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have to upgrade everyone on reservation!
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:55 pm
SFOPeter

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cringle
----

Silly, huh? I have never seen this before. I would call them to separate the reservations but I imagine that there is a huge wait due to all the JFK/BOS cancellations because of the snowstorm. Looks like I will be in Y!

Peter
Not really. Having everyone on the same reservation means everyone flies on the same flight in the same cabin of service. if you change one person's flight itinerary, they would have to be on their own reservation.[/QUOTE]

This is an OLCI upgrade here, not calling the week before to change things around. UA, DL, AS do OLCI checking upgrades independently for each passenger even when the passengers are on the same PNR. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this, have you seen it on a different airline? What does Virgin do if there is only 1 F seat available, not make it an option on checkin if there is more than one passenger on a reservation? I think that this is more of a kink in their website than anything, as it is different than how other airlines handle this thought it was worth mentioning.

Peter