FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:17 am
modern

Programs: AA (LT Plat, ex-ConciergeKey), SPG (Plat), DL (Diamond), Marquis Jet Card
Got a fraud call this morning from Chase on my PP card. Logged in and there were a bunch of charges, $1,000 at Riteaid to $3 at McDonalds, that were not me, starting on 12/23. Called, the charges were in the Mass/RI area (I was in NY and Arizona).

I was a bit shocked when they told me they could not tell me which charges were my card and which were my wife's, I know AmEx separates them I guess Chase does not. I would think that if a physical card is used on the same day in 2 different stores across the country, it should have triggered a fraud alert faster.

Obviously they had a physical card made up, as some of the charges were small and at restaurants.

Chase says they will get me a new card tomorrow or Wednesday at latest.

About 2 months ago same thing happened to me with an AmEx Starwood Business card, also it was also clear they had made a duplicate physical card. FYI AmEx called me the SAME DAY the fraud charges started, not 4 days later

The pain in the ... is all the monthly stuff I have billed to the card and now have to change the numbers, and update my Amazon, etc.

Why can't they build in microchips or something to prevent this, can't be that hard to do.