FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from F... What to do?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:19 am
RIC Hokie

Programs: US Chairman
Originally Posted by Wally Bird AZ
I've got one better than that. Got upgraded at the gate in PHX to PHL on a 757. Boarded, seated, settled in. As bording completes, gate agent boarded the plane, said the person bumped showed up and apologetically added that I needed to be reseated in coach. FAs took care of me during the flight so I really did not have any gripes...plus the person next to me in FC seemed a bit eccentric so it was not the end of the world. Like I said the FAs salvaged the PR situation big time by turning lemons to lemonade. And I agree with other commenters here...I paid for coach, I got coach.
I had a similar situation, albeit from the other side, and had the complete opposite reaction. The first leg of my flight was delayed, so I barely made it to my connecting flight where I was the last one on the plane (if the gates hadn't been directly across from each other, I probably wouldn't have made it). After getting on the plane, I saw that someone was in my seat in FC. He had been moved there as they thought I was going to miss the flight. Instead of having him return to his original seat, they made me take it.

I did write a letter to which they gave me a $50 voucher. I couldn't get too upset, as with what everyone else has said, I paid for coach, so that's where I should expect to sit. My biggest gripe was that they had moved someone before boarding was complete.