FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:36 pm
ThWilmesi

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by schley
I remember reading previoulsy that the Le Meridiens in Dubai were in some long term agreements that precluded them from having to participate in the SPG program. They are gradually ending and as a result more will eventually participate in SPG. This is what I remember hearing. Anyone else with that info?

BTW although this property maybe managed by SPG it doesn't appear you get any stay credits or points for stays as a limited participation hotel. I can appreciate the fact that it is a point redemption option although it appears to be 40k per night? I know you have to call to redeem. If anyone knows for sure please post.
Just bumping up the thread, question for one of the Lurkers....

On the SPG site it says that the AL maha resort - it has limited participation in the SPG program and it is a category 7 product, so?

Does it now mean you can collect points there according to the normal rules.
Are platinum and other spg benefits like upgrade honored?
Also concerning redeeming points - anybody knows exactly how many points you need for one night - i guess it will be more than 35 or 40K, since this is a resort with full board and other activities. Can anybody put some light into this, since i am planning to use this resort soon.

On the positive side - i just noticed i can use my companies set code in this resort which gives me a 10% discount on all rates, not too shappy considering one night is a bit more than 1000 Euros.....