FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a United Express CRJ-200
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:45 pm
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by smashr
Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the CRJ-200:

You don't want to sit on it. Period.
Some of us that don't have the luxury to avoid it...My airport is all CRJ service, year round, round the clock...Throw in connecting to another CRJ in the midwest or the odd flight from SFO or LAX, and I know the aircraft all too well.

I always book 8C. If that's already booked, I take 8B. I'm yet to notice any legroom difference, but two major things:

1. Row 7 does not recline, so on the oft chance that someone does want to recline their seat on this death barge, it ain't going to happen to you.

2. (and most important to me). As an exit row, they're only available in advance to 1P/1K/GS flyers. They're often the last seats assigned, so you have an exponentially better chance of having a coveted empty next to you. I'd say on 90% of my flights that have open seats, one of those is next to me...And often, if it's booked 48 or 49 of 50, the one or two empty seats, respectively, are 8D and/or 8A.

I hate this aircraft more than anything I've ever flown on...But I've been saved by the frequent empties next to me on nearly all my flights. I probably fly 40 segments a year on these !$*#@ things.