FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to reach Ljubana, Slovenia from SFO?
Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:02 am
Miles Hunter

Programs: *A Senator; FB Gold ;-), BA Bronze ;-( More other plastic than I can carry!
Originally Posted by maltasr
My son and I are talking about making a trip to our homeland which would be the area now known as Slovenia. In checking schedules, it looks like the Star Alliance may be the best and quickest way to get there. Looks like SFO-FRA or MUC and then on to Ljubljana on the Slovenian national airline known as Adria. Can any of our seasoned travelers offer advice on this routing and on the service, reliability, safety of flights on this carrier which apparently didn't exist until recently? Are there better connections/carriers to this city? Could I use my Star Alliance (United) miles on Adria Airlines? Any recommendations on Ljubljana hotels? I doubt we'll find any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton Hotels there. Thank you and a Merry Christmas.
Depends on when you are traveling. For Star Alliance I would go with Swiss SFO-ZRH and then on. Longish wait in Zürich but probably the most comfortable way to go and less subject to chaos in winter.