FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at KOA (Kona International Airport, Hawaii)
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:23 am
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Cars at KOA (Kona International Airport, Hawaii)

Tuesday, Dec 21, 2010

Emerald Executive
Ford Fusion SEL (I was excited about this one...)
Chrysler Sebring Convertible (...but when Mrs. dstan's eyes lit up upon hearing that yes, we really could take the convertible, well, you know what happened )

Emerald Aisle
Didn't get a complete look at it, but I'm pretty sure that just as we walked out the door, I saw someone drive off in a:

Ford Mustang

(There were only 2 other cars on the Aisle, as the location is currently sold out thru the end of the year.)

Other Info
Excellent service at this location. The shuttle pickup area is just across the street from baggage claim, and the ride is only 2 minutes to the lot. The driver asked if we were EC members, and we were met outside the office by an agent with our paperwork ready to go (because there was one of those mysterious nationalcar.com rate changes, I had to go inside, where the excellent agent spent 20 min fixing it for me).

When we took the convertible, the outside agent noted that it might not be full, so she checked it and asked us to stop by the gas pump when we were ready, where we got a prompt fill, and she verified again that the tank was full as we exited.

The nearest gas stations are at the Harbor or the subsequent shopping areas, about 4-5 miles south of the airport on HI-19.

For a related recent thread, see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...periences.html