FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's Christmas - Did you ask "Fairmont Claus" for anything?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:46 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
From my experience with various programs I think it´s best to hope nothing changes.

The current system works great for me, and as long as they repeat their Sweet Suite promo again, I´m sure they´ll get a large amount of business from me next year.

That being said, I would appreciate the following improvements:

1) guaranteed upgrade to a one-bedroom suite (no "your room has two chairs and is 5 sq.ft. larger, so we call it a junior suite and will only upgrade you to this suite" garbage)

2) allowing Plats to use the suite upgrade cert to upgrade from a Gold room to a Gold Suite

3) allowing Plats access to the Gold lounge for a flat rate (maybe $99)

4) upgrade to the best room/suite available at check-in (when using an upgrade cert) incl. specialty suites

5) discount on minibar items, maybe 50% off on all minibar charges, or complimentary non-alcoholic beverages (I think Fairmont would actually increase revenues if they had reasonable prices for their regular customers who often stay for leisure; I´m willing to pay $2 for a can of coke which still gives Fairmont a 300%-500% profit margin, but $5 for a can of coke? No thanks)

Not sure how many Plats actually qualify the "traditional way" (10 stays/30nights) vs. getting a fast track via Amex Plat/comp. status via Amex Centurion, but Fairmont could consider offering some of the above peks only to those who stay 30 nights per year.