FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience using Marriott Gift Cards (especially overseas)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:01 am
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pinniped
From the client's perspective, "commissionable rate" means nothing. That sounds like travel-agent-speak. If you sell me a gift certificate and I attempt to use it to buy your product, I am not going to care about that kind of fine print....
I agree. I am a lifetime Platinum member with more than 1500 Marriott nights over almost 30 years. I am very much interested in Marriott's various rules and take the time to learn all I can about them. Even so, I am unable to keep straight all of the various types of gift cards (by whatever name) and the subtly different terms and conditions on each one -- let alone the interactions between them and other Marriott instruments like Bonus Bucks and EEO certificates. Expecting the average traveler to keep all of it straight is totally unreasonable. Even Marriott's own employees can't do it.

Bruce