FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyCouch or Premium Economy?
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:51 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by MattDell
What do you think is the better option? Pricing a one-way from LAX to LHR by myself in April, the price is nearly the same.

I'm 6'4", so I'm not sure the SkyCouch would be as comfortable to me as it would be for someone shorter. However, it's always nice to be horizontal if trying to sleep. But, the new Premium Economy just looks so amazing... it looks like it would be a nice place to spend 10 hours.

What would you choose, given the option?
I would go for the skycouch.

Being able to lie flat is priceless about 4 hours into a long haul flight. You can't do that in premium economy.

The skycouch may be 'short' but you can always sleep on your side or bend your legs and at least sleep horizontal.

I'm almost the same height as you and for me the couple of times I've had the luxury of an empty plane and three economy seats has always given a better experience than a premium economy or sloped business class seat.

I would just make sure when you book the seats you do it through the airline direct (or an agent). There is a special code which they assign for the extra seat(s) to ensure that they don't get released or get cancelled because they are seen as a duplicate booking or )at the airport) as a no-show. Most airlines have a designator such as 'xst' (for extra seat) which sits in the booking alongside your name.