FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Austin, Texas [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:26 pm
JFKSFOLAX_friend
Suspended

Originally Posted by JBeechel
although I did get a kick out of being told I had been upgraded to a Cool Corner Suite (just like the one on my reservation!).
Went up to the 15th floor and found a housekeeping cart blocking the door completely (this is 7:30 at night).
1 - You can only watch either the living area TV or the TV in the bedroom, not both at the same time.

2 - If you try to search for a movie, you get a 404 page not found screen on the TV

3 - The TV signal is sporadic at best and would cut out for a minute or two at random times.

4 - Later at night, the TV simply crashed and put itself into a permanent reboot loop. When I called Whatever/Wherever I was told that "we are still having issues with the TV" and that was that.
I find it interesting/almost humorous that you ran into the same problems that I did: namely, slight front desk issues, housekeeping sloppiness/laziness, and extreme TV problems. I guess they haven't figured things out yet.

I would also note that after I checked out, I found an interesting $80-plus charge on my credit card. I was not sent an updated folio even though the property must have my contact details. I have written the property about the unexplained/mysterious charges.