FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weather: Europe / UK Snow/Weather & AA Flights Dec 2010 (consolidated)
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:01 pm
grantsi

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
Originally Posted by grantsi
Supposed to be on AA98 tonight with my wife....had 2 business seats and were ready to go - however - mother nature got in the way.

However

American Airlines once again demonstrated why they will always get first crack at my business. Fortunately our schedules were quite flexible, however, going direct was not going to be easy. We got a text message informing us of the cancelation and we called the desk right away. "Derek" in Dallas quickly found us a flight on wednesday going through Orlando.

We are now super excited to be flying BA Executive Club ( business class ) from MCO to Gatwick. This turned into a mileage run, code share testing adventure. We are relieved to be watching the Chicago snow from our condo with a glass of wine full of hope that our vacation will kick off with less hassle on Wednesday.

Lost 2 days on the ground on the front end of our trip - had Derek change our return flight to make up the lost time.

A+++++ experience with AA today.
By the way, my opinion of this situation may change slightly on Wednesday if I get stuck in Orlando.

That said, I don't think any of my blame will be focused towards AA....just the LHR folks and mother nature.