FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Fort Lauderdale [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:47 pm
jdawg

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by karenkay
had the same experience, am posting from one of the fabulous flats--or whatever they're called. did NOT expect something this awesome for my one saturday night stay, but i realize that one night is easier for the hotel to upgrade. yay, spg/w! ^

does anyone know where to get a cup of coffee in one of these fabulous flats? there's a full sized coffee maker in the lovely kitchen, but no coffee...and i had to call to have my two complimentary bottles of water delivered.
Used two FWN awards, and got upgraded to an accessible flat after a lot of checking by the front desk agent. Was originally upgraded to a Mega Room, but after requesting a flat the W was able to come through!

The flat was awesome, just how others described it - two full bathrooms, two living rooms, three small deck areas with furniture (had views of the Atlantic & Intercoastal waterway), dining area, and full kitchen.

As far as the platinum waters, they were delivered to the room without me calling (except on the check-in day, the front desk told me at check-in that I should call in-room dining to have them delivered). And coffee / sugar / cream was brought up to the room at no additional fee by calling whatever / whenever.

Even though the W is classified as a resort, I was given a 4 pm checkout. Was not able to get it automatically at check-in, however called on the last day and with manager approval they gave me a platinum courtesy extended checkout. However, my keys stopped working early, which caused me to take an extra trip to the Welcome Desk.

Service was good overall in the resort, however I wish they provided amenities on the oceanfront (chairs, umbrellas, towels) that weren't exorbitantly priced - I think it's the city of Fort Lauderdale who manages those chairs.

Pictures coming soon.