FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rolling / Extending a 24-Hour Hold / Held Reservation Online
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin

Originally Posted by gemac
Sure, but if you haven't made up your mind yet as to whether to go, the fare going up shouldn't make it up for you. If you are willing to go at yesterday's price, book it yesterday. If you aren't willing to go at that price, the fact that prices are going up today shouldn't change your willingness to go.
Originally Posted by swag
I'll roll my holds not when I'm unsure whether I'll take the trip, but when I'm not quite sure about my preferred departure time (or day).
Yeah. Sorry. I was unclear. I meant when you haven't made up your mind on the specifics of your trip, such as time or date. Sure, you don't randomly put things on hold and roll them every day to exercise your power over AA's fare changes. But sometimes, you put something on hold not knowing if 8am is a good time. Then the next day, the fare goes up and you decide, "heck, 8am will have to do." All I'm saying is, holds are not just to protect just in case fares go down, so they also apply to low-fare holds.