FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Dec 20, 2010, 1:47 pm
TXRW

Hotel Ivy Minneapolis - a great hotel

Here is my experience after 5 stays at the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis. Overall a great hotel

Staff: The staff is excellent. After my first visit Jonathan and Lacey at the front desk remembered my name and always took a minute to be personable. I forgot to book my 3rd week reservation and Jonathan got me booked even though they were officially sold out. I didn't have to beg, plead or ask for special treatment as a plat.

Rooms: The rooms are fantastic. I am not a bath guy but all of my rooms had a huge bathtub and a great view of the city. The rooms at the Ivy were better than average with the simple extras that to me make a difference like regular sized q-tips, a nice working desk and most importantly a fast internet connection that has been very reliable

Facilities: The gym at the Ivy is by far the best gym I have ever had at a hotel. I am a crossfit.com regular which requires some odd equipment and almost always requires a barbell with free weights which are never avail at a hotel, but the hotel ivy gym is a regular gym not just a set of treadmills and universal weights.

Restaurant: The Porter and Finn is a great restaurant and has a great vibe. I usually travel Mon-Thu so I catch Ricardo at the bar for a night or two each week to grab a bite to eat. Ricardo works Sun-Wed (I think) and is a great guy who can help tell you a bit about the city, where to go and where to eat. Best of all they have Fulton IPA on draft and cold bottles of Duvel in the fridge.

Spa: I am not a spa guy but I do admit to taking in a couple of massages to ease the muscles from the workouts; what else do you do when it is -6F and blowing snow. The spa facilities were very nice and I highly recommend sport massages from Brook or Kate. Absolutely fantastic.