FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls (fmr Sheraton Fallsview) [Master Thread]
Old Aug 3, 2001, 9:57 pm
CCHAN1970

Programs: SPG Gold
Stayed there too last weekend but did not get an upgrade to any suite as I used a free friday and also used points for additional nights. What's worse was that the Hotel did not seem to have any record of the transaction between that Sandy and myself. I had to wait 1.5 hrs before they agreed to check me into a room where I need not change from a "normal" Free Friday to a Queen Murphy room which I had used points for. (see my earlier message). They only agreed after I told them I would PAY for any upgrade and that they would cancel this cost when this Sandy (who was scheduled to come to work later that afternoon) confirmed what I had said. Well, I guess my expectations of good service stopped short at the Reservations desk. Anyway, they promised to call me back to let me know (which they did not) but since I was not charged anything I did not bother too. I had a great Fallsview room on the 3rd floor. Who's complaining?
I just wish the Reservations people at hotels don't make promises like that without anyfollow up.