FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sixt - Any Questions?
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2010, 2:56 am
Gary Coughlan
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
thanks for your reply, Gary.

I fully understand the new price system and I checked that for example in UK and the Netherlands it is possible to obtain 20% as Diamond and 15% as Platin. However, it has never been the case in Germany and I am wondering why.

It is actually quite easy to see when you book a car in Germany.
The standard rate has obviously no discount. then platin has W2U and Diamond has W3U. in 5% steps that means, 10% for platin, and 15% for Diamond.

but at least some time or station in the future it should be possible to get W4U as Diamond and W3U as platin.
Our Diamond Card customers are getting the best price in real terms, a larger discount which is better that the discount structure that was in place before.

Our system is similar of that of airlines and many other car rental companies. We operate a system with flexible rules dependant on demand and availability.

For our Diamond card customer, the best rates are available on line and are set several levels below the best available on line price ( Excluding promotions ). Our best discounts can be achieved if we have a relatively low demand. At the moment the demand in Germany is very high, but you can still achieve the discount several rate levels below the best available on line price and also receive upgrades that are essentially a further discount.

I too could not find an example, our branches can set rates levels for individual groups, days etc, But this can change tomorrow if demand is lower.