FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:59 pm
PhoenixRev

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by tom911
Does your medical provider issue an ID card that needs to be presented when you request services?
Mine does, but when I don't use the medical card for services, I am not asked for an ID.

For example, my HI only covers chiropractic care if I am in a vehicle or industrial accident. Otherwise, I am on my own. Since I have a minor back issue that flares up from time to time, I occasionally see my local chiro and pay him cash and have never been asked for an ID. I could be giving him a false name for all he knows.

Likewise, some of my prescriptions have generic costs that are lower than the copay (penicillin was $3.00 cheaper out of pocket than the copay when I had a script for that last year) and I am never asked for an ID when I pay cash for them. I am only asked for ID when I use my medical card.

Since I am paying out of pocket in full, there is no need to present a medical card and, therefore, no reason to ever present my ID.