FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 17, 2010, 6:25 pm
TXagogo

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I had to prove my identity just yesterday when I showed up for a medical procedure. I suppose that guards against insurance fraud and protects the doctor against inadvertent malpractice. Anyway, I didn't object at all.

I have never had to present an ID to get a prescription filled -- not even prescriptions for family members of the other gender. No questions asked, basically. I probably wouldn't object in that case, either, because it serves a legitimate purpose: stopping strangers from stealing other people's prescriptions, for one thing.

The TSA's ID checks are meaningless. Anyway, when the government does something, it's more restricted than when private parties do the same thing. Our Constitution says so.

Bruce
Just last week I had to show my ID to fill a schedule III prescription written by my doctor. I also have to show ID to buy pseudoephedrine. It is absolutely insane. I was against the regulations when they started and I am against them now. I am tired of being "tracked" because the government thinks it is helping us. If someone is a meth head, put them in treatment or put them in jail. The onus should not be placed on honest citizens that are just trying to live their lives.