FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 17, 2010, 2:11 pm
pmocek

Originally Posted by Ari
This should be a very interesting trial.

It seems that the DA is only taking the lead from The Identyt Project and Phil on the ID thing.
I don't think I'm leading her. I've never met her. It would, indeed, be interesting for the prosecutor's boss to be led by the defendant.

Originally Posted by Ari
it seems to me that the only undisputed fact (even here in this thread-- someone speak up if not) is that Phil didn't violate any TSA policies or regulations.
Everyone who doesn't work for TSA can only guess about their secret regulations, though their policies are largely observable by airline passengers.

Originally Posted by Ari
Phil, are you aware of how this came to the attention of the local news?
Not for sure, but if you look at page 41 of the packet of documents I received from the City of Albuquerque via public records request, you'll see that on the morning of November 17, 2009, Mike Anderson at the KOB-TV news desk contacted Marshall Katz at the City of Albuquerque, referencing Sherri Davidoff's November 16, 2009, Philosecurity post about my arrest. Also, Olivier Uyttebrouck Olivier Uyttebrouck the Albuquerque Journal attempted to contact me via Twitter on November 17, 2009.

Originally Posted by Ari
Also, it appears that there will be a video introduced into evidence; can we rely on you to post this video once it has been shown in open court?
I really can't comment on any specifics.

I'd broadcast the entire trial live if it was feasible and unlikely to cause problems. It's open court, and it seems to me that if the public are allowed to attend in person, the public should be allowed to view remotely. I don't know anything about the history of live reports from court, though. Maybe someone here can fill us in.

The judge in Julian Assange's recent bail hearing disallowed Twitter updates from the courtroom. The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court doesn't, as a general rule, allow electronic devices past the front door.

Last edited by pmocek; Dec 17, 2010 at 2:18 pm Reason: note tweet from AJ reporter