FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Benefits Selection
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:45 pm
N615HL

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by BenA
Have I posted to say this is lame in this thread yet? Looks like I haven't. This is lame. Especially since my last flight to hit Diamond was on December 10.

I don't mind the policy in principle; I mind that it wasn't communicated at all and that I made the decision to bump over the threshold to Diamond in large part because I was expecting to get 2010 benefit selections.

For the folks from Delta who are inevitably reading this and wondering if me saying that is just hyperbole from some cranky dude on the internets, it's not - you should go check out this thread from October: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...uestion-2.html The last post in that thread is why I decided to book another trip and go for diamond status (in the process committing to an extra 50k of flying next year) - getting the 2010 benefit actually changed the value equation enough for Diamond to become worthwhile for me.

Delta should really do the right thing here, much as they did (eventually) the last time we had forum drama over choice benefits. Go ahead and put the Dec 10 policy in place for next year, but be explicit about it in the program rules so we can plan accordingly.
^