FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up to 2,500 Bonus Miles - American Cellars Wine Club
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:58 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by RNE
Some concerns:
  • "All wines are sold in California and title passes to the buyer in California. The buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of wines. By placing this order with us, you authorize Vinesse, Inc. to act on your behalf in processing this order, including engaging a common carrier to deliver it." If the bottles break in shipment, I get nothing?
  • "Miles will be posted within 8 weeks of enrollment date." Will they post, if I cancel enrollment after the first shipment (which would be long before 8 weeks)?
  • Do I have to use my United Mileage Plus card to pay for membership?

EDIT: To discover the answers to my insightful questions, I decided to bite the bullet and join American Cellars Wine Club. I did use my MP card. Below is their welcome. I'll let you know how it goes from here.

RNE, Welcome to the Club!
We have received your information and will initialize your membership immediately. Your first shipment will arrive shortly (5-14 days).
Your member number is: XXXXXXXXX
Along with your wine, you can expect:
Wine Tasting Notes on all Wines Included in Your Shipments
New Member Benefit Information
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Thanks again for joining the club. We know you are going to love your wine selections.
Yeah I'm going to as well, what the heck.

The wording isn't crystal clear on if you have to remain a member...but I'm reading this from the T&Cs as hopefully requiring only staying through the first shipment: "Member will receive 2,500 bonus award miles with their first wine club shipment" Since it mentions nothing about continued membership, I think I'd at least have a reasonable argument if I had any trouble.