FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Centre Toronto [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2001, 7:40 pm
WNLuvr

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Sheraton Centre Toronto

I'm sitting here in my supposedly upgraded room at the Sheraton Centre Toronto listenting to the thud-thud-thud of noisy pipes coming from the stairwell so conveniently located next to my room.

I checked in this evening, and once I discovered the sound that will undoubtedly keep me up tonight, called the front desk to be re-accommodated. Well, no dice...the place apparently is sold out. (Funny, they were offering club level upgrades to a party checking in before me.)

If the hotel is truly sold out, obviously I understand that I'm just out of luck for the evening. But should I press the manager tomorrow for some sort of compensation (I would think club level at the least) for this situation? I've never encountered something like this and don't want to seem like I'm asking for special treatment or something I'm not worthy of. But the sound really is bad. It sounds like someone is lightly knocking on the wall...over and over and over again.

In any event, be wary of getting "upgraded" to a corner room at the Sheraton Centre Toronto. From what I can tell, they are all next to a stairwell; I can only imagine that other corner rooms may have the same noise problem I'm faced with tonight.

I know being SPG Gold doesn't carry that much weight, but I'd at least think a quiet room is in order!

I'll letyou guys know what happens!

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 06-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 06-19-2001).]