FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase BA Companion Ticket $30,000 Spend
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:32 pm
cybaslacka

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Is it worth it if I live in NYC?

My sincerest apologies if this has been answered definitely in previous posts but I cannot see it. Being that I live in NYC, and the JFK, LGA, and EWR are the only airports I fly out of, I am hoping someone can offer advise if spending 30k on the BA Chase card is really worth it for the companion ticket.

As far as I know, every single flight that I take going anywhere in the world on BA metal requires me to stop off in London, generating super high taxes and fees for me, I think somewhere in the tune of $360 for rd trip.

I understand that there is high value in the companion ticket, esp if I do a business class ticket or first class ticket, but my alternative is to use BA miles (or even miles from another airline) on partner airlines, that may land me a direct flight to my final destination. Just as a simple example, JFK to HKG, I can use cathay for direct, which comes to about $360 for 2 tickets in taxes n fees on award flight.

So I guess my question is... are there any flights that depart NYC that do not require me to stop off in London on BA metal? If yes, then what are the routes, as this would answer my initial question of is it worth it (yes).