FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quest. for PLT members : How many gold referral bonuses did you get ?
Old Jun 18, 2001, 8:27 pm
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ILTE_Miles:
Personally, I'm very glad (& grateful) that the Platinum who referred me didn't have the same approach (though I understand why you gravitated toward such an approach). Although he didn't know me personally, & didn't know that I had stayed in hotels over 50 nights last year, & had no idea that I had completed (& prior to the referral) double-digit nights @ Starwood this year, he nonetheless trusted me when I informed him that I had upcoming stays in the next few weeks that would more than satisfy the stay requirement (& did).

[This message has been edited by ILTE_Miles (edited 06-18-2001).]
</font>
Attn: ILTE_Miles
If I understand correctly, you were already an SPG member. Well, the Platinum referral brings you to complimentary Gold, but according to SPG, neither you nor the referrer are eligible for the 5000 bonus points. The bonus is strictly for new members.