FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:03 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by flo0816
Thx for the advice! I think I might be able to get 54k before the rumored merge date in July. I am wondering what is going to happen during a merge. Any experience around here? I mean the 130k to make Senator in Germany will not be possible for me anyways and even the 100k with a change of address will most be out of reach with my current traveling plans. So if Silver translates to FT at MM I would be able to get that with one flight in C to PDX, right? My first flight will be in February so that should seal the silver. So the only thing I would give up would be the 25% I get with my FT status. Or am I making a mistake in my calculations?

Another bonus I just found out might be that I stay 140-160 nights at Hilton/year.
Past miles/more acquistions have resulted in members with gold status being granted senator status with MM for 2 years. A nice arrangement since now you have 2 years of senator, and more importantly 2 years to get 100k to renew senator for a 3rd yr. But what happens with Diamond club can be different. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that this would happen but I can certainly hope.