FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL ready to roll out 'F' buy up program
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:35 pm
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by cfischer

Delta

Upsell is o.k. but only at check-in and after all reasonable Elite upgrades went through ... nothing like CO holding 1/2 of the seats and then selling them for cheap at check-in.
I hope SM realizes the potential impact of such a program on our loyalty.
Well, who knows how the upsell will work at DL. There is some debate about the actual impact on CO UG rates. It is hard to disaggregate the recent impact of CO buyup from route restructuring and increased hub to hub UA 1K traffic presence, i.e. for IAH to DEN the UG was a snap before Oct but it has definitely been harder/later since then. OTOH I have been UGd on UA equipment to SFO and LAX. I have only missed one upgrade on UA since the official harmonization.

Tomorrow I am flying CO from SJO IAH DEN. SJO to IAH was UGed at the 5 day Plat window, like both my flights down here. Nice BF'style acc on the 752. But IAH to DEN, nada, no F available. At least I will finish 3-4 on this itin which is good from my perspective because this one is a super cheap fare.

Then I have a DL itin to TUS of which one sector is upgradeable. So far, nada on that either.