FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old May 11, 2001, 6:36 pm
onedog

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
?? re: Sheratons in Lisbon area

I am currently scheduled to attend a two day meeting at the Le Meridien Hotel in Lisbon Portugal.

For the two nights of the conference, the company has booked a group rate. However, when I checked on staying a couple of extra nights both before and after the conference at the Le Meriden, the price at the Le Meriden was well beyond what I would expect to pay (upwards around $350/night!!!).

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Towers? I have found a rate on the internet of around $105/night for a cheapo room (hopefully by then I will be Platinum and get an upgrade ) at the Sheraton Lisboa. What about either of the other two Starwood properties (in Algarve) in Portugal? These are quite a bit more expensive. Are they worth the price? Are the Algarve properties close to Lisbon as I will be flying in and out of Lisbon. What prices did you pay for your stays?

Any tip and/or suggestions that I should know about? Things to do around the area? Places to avoid? Must see and/or do activities? What's the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? How much should a cab to and from the airport cost?

Thanks for any and all help.

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 05-11-2001).]