FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:23 pm
gl331

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Data point, I have personal AA Visa, applied on Friday for personal Amex from post two, was rejected via email on Monday per terms of offer for being an existing card holder.
I got in on the 40K personal visa promotion, then discovered the 75k offer. Called Citi credit card service to see if they can change my offer to the 75k one. Was told no, but that I can re-apply for the same card under the 75k offer and get the additional 75k miles that way. Was incredulous and asked the customer rep the same question in several different ways, namely, you mean I can apply for the same card again and still get the miles? Was told yes several times.

Applied for the personal visa card with the 75k promotion again. Got a rejection email a couple of days later saying I already have an AAdvantage account

Was going to apply for the amex personal card in hopes of getting the 75k promotion, but it doesn't seem like that'll fly either. Sigh.