FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Free Night Certificate - Pre-Aug 2018
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:17 pm
Marriott Concierge
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by MileKing
This isn't good. I recently booked two consecutive nights for an upcoming stay, one night using the Chase Visa cert and the second using a cert from the Megabonus promo. The reservation went through fine on-line, but now contains a note about certificate mismatch (or something similar) and paying for the stay using points. I've spoken with both Marriott Reservations and Guest Services and they both state the certs are attached to the reservation and no points will be taken out of my account. The reservation of course still has the mismatch message. Wonder if I should cancel the reservation and make as two separate reservations?
This message often shows when you use a promo certificate. The important thing is that the reservation is booked for reward redemption and the certificates are attached, which it sounds like they are. However, if you would like you can send me a PM with you confirmation number and I would be happy to make sure everything is in order.

Regards,
Ira