FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:42 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
FYI... I don't find the rooms at the Four Seasons SF Luxurious, lovey public areas but the rooms are very disappointing. I don't think anyone definition of luxury on here is wrong, just different. Yes ANDAZ is luxury for me, a night at the Four Season is not, unless it free!
FYI... there are much better FS properties than Four Seasons SF! The SF property is considered by many to be subpar, so it should not be viewed as a benchmark for the brand.

In terms of service, better FS hotels routinely provide a level of service to ordinary guests that would be completely unattainable at an upscale (lifestyle, boutique, etc...) property.

Back on the subject of the Andaz, I am glad that Hyatt has begun expanding in New York and is now offering its customers more options. I am hopeful that the issues people have been experiencing at the Andaz will be resolved, and that it will end up being a nice property.

I don`t think that this property should be compared with luxury hotels. Luxury hotels in New York have minimum entry rates that are two or three times that of the Andaz. I would compare Andaz to W union square, or to upscale boutique hotels in the same price range.