FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:41 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by goodeats21

My return begins with TG 614 (BKK to PEK). From what I can see, this is First class in a 3 cabin aircraft, 747-400 (7442 model). I have called and been assigned 2B. It is showing as booking code First (O).

I guess the main question I have is regarding the service to expect, both on the ground and in the air. As it is a shorter / regional type length (4hour, 40 min) instead of a long-haul, is there any differentiation in service?

First class check in?, buggy to lounge / spa?, buggy to gate?, type of meal service to be expected (caviar and champagne....or tea and sandwich...lol)? My itin from United indicates "no meal service" for this flight, which I find hard to believe...
If you are departing BKK in F, regardless of award or rev ticket, you will able to use the F check in, expedited immigration, F lounge, 1 hour spa etc. I don't think TG serves caviar on the shorter flights, but you will have champagne (though not Dom). Others can comment on the food.

Originally Posted by goodeats21

One other question, assuming I have access to the spa at BKK, which I think I do, is there any need to make a reservation prior to arrival at BKK? if so, how?
Flight departs at 10:10, so I would probably want a massage around 7:30 or 8:00. Not sure if this is a peak time or not.

Thanks again for all info and assistance provided. If you are ever stuck on UA, I would be happy to return the favor.
When you arrive at the F lounge you can schedule the massage. It's not able to be done ahead of time.