FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why can't they just "volunteeer" good perks and service?
Old Apr 15, 2001, 10:22 pm
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally posted by Punki:
I only recently started staying at Starwood properties after being offered Platinum status as incentive to give it a try
................................................Wh at possible reason would they have for not offering the best they have to their most frequent guests? I am totally baffled.
There's a bit of a contradiction there. You're Platinum, though seemingly new to Starwood, so you're not yet a "frequent guest". The day before an arrival, the hotel receives a list of all it's Gold and Platinum arrivals. The few lists I've seen, (by accident, I swear!!!) have included the number of SPG points currently in my account. I've also heard that some lists include just how these points were earned, i.e. from stays at 4 Points, Westins, etc..

So, it may be a matter of the hotel using this info to differentiate between Platinum members. That's just a theory though. But, it can certainly be said that there is little consistency across the board and that is frustrating.