FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barefoot on airplane = threatened with arrest
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:38 am
BubbaLoop

Originally Posted by Tizzette
I'm the one who would be offended sitting next to a barefoot guy showing his hairy armpits. I would like to see a simple, clear cut rule to wear a shirt with sleeves and shoes or socks on the plane, a requirement that applies to everybody regardless of age or gender. ...
Those who disagree, what do you actually wear on a plane yourselves?
Your rule mandating sleeves is as ridiculous as when they decided to prohibit deodorant and toothpaste on airplanes (a period in which I refused to fly to the US).

I typically fly long international hauls, and strive for my personal comfort. Due to TSA picking on me because of sweat pants in the past, I have switched to Yoga pants. I pair that with a tank top and jacket, since I am often flying between hemispheres from one season to another, and need warmth flexibility. The TSA and/or a hot airplane will invariably make me remove my jacket. If you are offended sitting next to me with my bare shoulders and exposed arm pits, find another place.