FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No-Show Absent Minded mistake on my part - Any Chance to waive?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:50 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I average one or two forgets or last minute changes a year, and have had mostly positive results when asking to have the charges reversed. A couple things: several times the hotel manager (yes, I call the property directly) has thanked me for being honest about just forgeting to change the reservation. A few months ago, the manager laughed and told me that he was only doing it because I didn't make up some story about why it wasn't my fault.

Second, if the hotel was sold out the night in question, the manager does not reverse the charges, IME. This seems fair, as the hotel would have likely sold the room had I not held it. Otherwise, it appears to not be a problem.

Third - and this bothers me - even if you are charged, you do not get the MR credit. I understand why this is done, but it still irks me.

One property could not reverse the charge, but gave me a certificate for a future stay, which worked out perfectly. You might suggest that if you cannot get the money refunded. (A CY beachfront property)

Last edited by CJKatl; Dec 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm