FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:01 pm
alanslegal

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
One thing I did notice which was mildly frustrating, despite my request to move to an ocean view suite if one become available, I was told there were none. Yet I did see them available online each day . I was in relax mode and couldnt be bothered having a daily argument over this with the check in staff, so I let it be and felt glad to have a suite even if it was the garden view not ocean view. Perhaps RH is slightly more reticent to upgrade to their ocean view suites.

Staff told us that the tower is currently being renovated but its a slow process and they are going floor by floor. I think its from the top floor down. I would stay away from the tower until its renovated.
I believe an ocean front suite is not a select standard suite, and I also recall the Lurkers advise that any room desribed with 'ocean' in it when it comes to Honolulu, is not a standard room in any instance. However generally the RH upgrades PLTs to either a garden view suite or an ocean front room in the tower.