FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]
Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:49 pm
boltor

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
I just completed a 2-night stay on points. I booked and received a studio room. This is my first time at an Element and I found the rooms nicely appointed if a little Spartan, but no complaints here. I especially liked the full size refrigerator. One of my pet peeves is being able to control the air temperature. The thermostat here actually worked and was quite responsive. All the employees I ran into were very courteous and helpful.

Everything was to my satisfaction except for 2 major areas. The elevators are way too small to handle the traffic. I was on the 9th floor and every time I tried to board a down elevator it was full. I had to resort to riding it up in order to go down.

The second area of discontent is the congestion in the lobby area. It is way too small to handle both the registration desk and the breakfast crowd. I would put the food back in the atrium area. I know it's farther from the kitchen, but it'll prevent people from tripping over each other.

As far as the neighborhood is concerned, I felt very safe there. It's a very short walk to 8th Ave and there was always an employee on the sidewalk to open the door for me.

I would definitely go back if they could fix these congestion problems.