FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking trains in India
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:31 am
abhilife2001

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately it looks like I waited too long because my work schedule was uncertain. All the trains are waitlisted.

Do waitlists usually clear? There are lots of places in 'AC Chair car', but 8 on the 1st class waitlist. The hotel won't book it for me until tomorrow (which seems strange), so it may get a bit longer. For some reason I thought that there was a 'tourist' bucket, but can't seem to see that online.

If it won't clear then I may book a plane, but I'm kind of keen now to stay at the Lalit, so the train would be perfect .

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Waitlists clear but depends on many days till train dep.. for a trip from Chandigarh to delhi, AC chair car is pretty decent .. I would go ahead and book that and if u really wanna try 1st Ac then book that in waitlist also..
If the waitlist clears , then u may lose a big portion (50-75%) of ur chair car ticket if u cancel it on last moment.. if it does not clear then u get full refund for ur 1st Ac ticket and u can travel in Ac chair car..
Btw, ask the hotel to try for tatkal tickets also ( there are fixed no of seats for last minute travel though u need to pay a premium of 200-500 INR for this depending on the sector)..