FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS - please improve the gate upgrade information on long haul flights.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 3:33 am
LN-FOC

Programs: EBG
SAS - please improve the gate upgrade information on long haul flights.

My situation is that company no longer wants to pay business fare and demands economy class plus I travel quite a lot long haul on my own buck and just can’t afford that business fare myself. So it’s the points upgrade circus or sweat it out in cattle class.

So these days I have tried to check in at airport early so my name on the gate upgrade “standby” list but not knowing where you are on that list or any indication of your chances is real irritating at best of times.

Sorry to say I now can’t remember last time I got an ordinary upgrade for points at the gate? It seems to me that’s it’s always the “tall” business suite guy that looks definitely like a full fare Y that scores that upgrade.

My irritation with SAS is that I have been standing around waiting for upgrade at gate now quite a lot without any feedback at all and being told to hang around standby while plane is boarding thus losing any chance of overhead luggage space is not a chance I want to take.

I cannot say I am impressed by the lack of information that SAS gate personal is providing and this is at main hub such as Copenhagen, Stockholm, where SAS should be able to provide better service.

So SAS please improve you feedback to your customers at the gate.