FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Park Tower, London pre 2007 reports [Master Thread]
Old Feb 19, 2001, 10:52 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Nice to share a drink with you too, Mauld. Look forward to seeing you again at the PiP in November. Unfortunately, I was not able to get into either play, both being sold out by the time I got to the box office [actually, sold out for the full weekend]. So I wandered around Sloan Square, had a couple of pints, and headed back to my Exec room.

I agree the hotel is in need of its upgrading to return to its previous high standards that I remember from the 80s. Baths will be completely redone with separate glassed in shower stalls. I didn't have the same problem you both did, but the plumbing was quite British... Otherwise, I found my room well appointed and furnished, albeit the carpet was a bit worn.

Still, I also had a very fine view of the city from my 8th floor south-facing room, and enjoyed watching the sun come up and Heathrow bound planes on their final approach as I ate my room service breakfast in bed, reading the Saturday papers.

Just back home myself, nibbling on the remaining chocolates from the little box that was included as a gift from the manager, along with the "Please bear with us" Channel Island Toys teddy bear.