FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purchase FareLock to hold your itinerary and fare for 72 hours or 7 days
Old Dec 11, 2010, 4:40 am
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by meFIRST
What rubbish. Farelock?

This is right up there with the extended warranty rubbish that gets sold to me at best buy.

I'm buying my Continental tickets on .bomb now.

This is Smisek "unbundling" gone crazy in the most tasteless way.
As compared to what you had before they introduced it? What have you lost exactly???

Originally Posted by giggy
Yeah, seams like something a bunch of 21yo kids thought up in a brainstorming session. After 8 hrs of non stop Bong hits they introduce Farelock "Dudes, if we put the right spin on this and sell it right, we can sell nothing for $49".......whoa dude brilliant
So UA/CO gets more revenue, the customer gains a feature at a price, and the customer loses what exactly???

Originally Posted by Andy1369
Interesting. Let's see how this plays out, and if anyone will actually do the fare lock. As of right now, I don't see any negative impacts (as the 24 hour policy still exists) but I can't really imagine anyone would want to pay extra for this. *shrugs*
There have been times when I would have jumped at the chance to put a 72 hour hold on a fare, especially for "tens of dollars"!

So long as the free 24 hour hold is retained (which it appears to be) the customer hasn't lost anything. I know there will be cries about heading down a "slippery slope", but I really don't see the free 24 hour hold going away so long as congress and the regulators are around.