FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:10 pm
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not sure what to think of this place. I have a booking here for a night in early February, but these reports are so mixed. I've stayed in the neighbourhood before but never seen it reported as being so rough.
Not sure where you've seen here that the neighborhood is rough. To be honest, we didn't see any homeless people or "rough" characters when we were there Thanksgiving weekend. Someone did mention here that homeless people were eating the breakfast buffet (A: Small loss, B: Just because someone looks homeless doesn't mean they are homeless). There was always a doorman there when we were there who I imagine should be stopping non-hotel guests from doing this. Heck, we see more homeless people on 43rd, outside the Westin, between 7th and 8th, as that is a very empty block (other than "Cheetahs Gentleman's Club", right next door)

When you're a block from Port Authority, you get what you get. As I mentioned, even though it's 39th street, you're awful close to 8th Ave, much closer than the 4 Points on 40th, which is much closer to 9th.