FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:05 pm
TiredOfTooMuchTravel
Suspended

Originally Posted by NY-FLA
OK; please tell me where or when you have experienced another airline assume the flight at 10:00 AM will not be made because the connection appears too tight, force rebook the pax on the 1:00 PM flight, then canx the rest of the itinerary when the pax does not/ can not show up for the 1:00 PM flight because they already left on the original, tight connecting 10:00AM flight. No other airline would do this, or let their automated system do this, yet you dismissively (and presumably sarcastically) say "the other airlines never do anything like this".
Because in a dozen years of top tier level travel on at least 2 domestic airlines, I have never seen another airline behave like this, but you maintain this is business as normal for "other" airlines, I have to conclude that either you have no idea what you are talking about, or have wrongly concluded that my rant was about punctuality, in which case, much like the poster who started rambling on about ATC, you have a complete lack of comprehension of the basics of this issue.
I dont even know where to get started with you....

You wanna talk about other airlines, rebooking,etc.?? Lets do it. They all have problems in one way or another.

Delta: 1) Flying via ATL. My inbound flight was delayed but still would be doable though very tight. Delta cancels out my originally booked connection, rebooks me on later connection 5 hours later (nothing else was available til that flight), and then refuses to board me when I make the connection. They had already started to clear stand by passengers on my original connection and filled it up even though I got to the gate in time (boarding was still going on).
2) Flying via SLC. I was headed into BUR. Inbound to SLC was delayed (my connection was also delayed) but the system wasnt smart enough so it still rebooked me. The system rebooks me but to LAX (even though there was still another BUR flight after the one I was booked on) and cancels me off the BUR flight. After a long back and forth with the Skywest agent in SLC, they got me back on the BUR flight but ended up having to offload a non-rev that they had boarded in my place.

United: 1) Flying via DEN. My 1st flight was canceled so I was rebooked on the next flight to DEN but never got rebooked for the connection.
2) Flying via PDX/SFO. My MFR to PDX flight was delayed so was rebooked on a MFR to SFO flight. However the system never took out the MFR/PDX/SFO segments so as a result it thought I no showed and canceled the rest of my itinerary.

Continental: 1) Flying into IAH on CO then connection to US. Went to check in for my flights for which I received boarding passes. The CO system f-ed up and ended up canceling me out from my US flight. This was proven via a printout of "messages" on my reservation showing a command from the CO system that canceled my reservation. CO refused to reaccom me even though it was their f-up. The screw up results in an overnight in IAH due to no more flights that evening. US even though it was not their fault, put me up in a hotel, rebooked me, etc. even though CO screwed up.

You wanna talk now about how these system problems only occurs on US???