FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich-Hallstatt-Vienna-Prague - Itinerary suggestions?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:34 am
TXHolmes

Programs: CO - Platinum(now UA1K), Honors - Diamond, Starwood - Platinum, Hertz - Pres circle, National Exec
Thanks for the heads up, I think it is important to know the place names in the local languages (Praha, Wien, etcetera) but you can easily just check out Google maps to see the route options and place names, even overlay pictures with GPS tagging to see what sites await your route. Im certainly aware of the vignettes needed to drive the roads in Austria, Switzerland, etc, and after doing some basic web research that any traveler should do, know that I can usually find them at gas stations near the borders, and often at the rental car facility. I have friends who have lived in Germany and in Vienna, so I am well versed on the pros and cons of driving, I personally still chose driving.

I know well that gas will be much more expensive in Europe, but honestly that is not my primary concern.

My primary concern in posting was to see if anyone had any scenic routing recommendations, or places I shouldn't miss along the way, or restaurants that provide an interesting local perspective...