FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:14 pm
Jazzop

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Sometime in the course of the evening (although I heard from one guest it's been happening all week), the elevators went berserk. One is completely out of commission right now, the other two require an employee operator to manually go to each floor for pick up (this morning they posted notices on each floor to call the front desk for an elevator).

This morning, I was caught in one with no operater, and it was stopping at EVERY floor on the way down.
Originally Posted by bubb1
Stayed here this weekend and experienced the elevator issues, which was really the only aggravating thing about our stay.
It's curious that both of you experienced these elevator issues on the weekend. I wonder if the elevator is set to "sabbath mode" from 00:00-23:59 on Saturdays (or all the time, by mistake), where it stops on every floor automatically. You will occasionally encounter this in NYC buildings that have a large Jewish contingent (e.g., hospitals, condos). It allows orthodox Jews to remain holier than you without all the hassle of taking the stairs.