FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:13 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Questions on IC HKG GS

So I'm mulling over a weekend in HKG and thinking about staying at the IC HKG GS for a night. Read most of this thread and posts from the RA thread. I still have a few questions to ask as this thread seems slightly confusing in mixing up the IC HKG and IC HKG GS. I'm staying at the Grand Stanford as I'm coughing up the dough and I don't want to pay the exorbitant cost for the IC HKG.

1. It seems the IC HKG and IC GS are very close, 5-10 min walk depending on speed. Also, seems that the IC HKG is slightly newer and has much better views if you get harbor view. Did I get this right? What else makes the IC HKG that much better that it's worth the higher cost? How is the GS better?

2. It seems at both you select either an UG to suite as an RA or club access. Is this correct? I've read good reviews on both the suites and also the club lounge at the GS. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards club now, as upgrades are nice but I'd rather have the lounge food this time around.

3. Any other considerations I should have in paying for a night at the GS rather than going cheap for say the HIX?