FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Munich-Hallstatt-Vienna-Prague - Itinerary suggestions?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:08 am
TXHolmes

Programs: CO - Platinum(now UA1K), Honors - Diamond, Starwood - Platinum, Hertz - Pres circle, National Exec
Munich-Hallstatt-Vienna-Prague - Itinerary suggestions?

Howdy FTers,
Just wanted to garner some suggestions for things to do along the way, or things to do in the cities on an upcoming trip before Christmas... its a quick itinerary mainly to "preview" the area of Europe and visit the Christmas Markets... what are your favorite places to see, or restaurants along my route or in the cities I will be visiting? I tend to like grand photo ops, or small untouristy finds... quite a dichotomy I know, haha.

Sunday - 24 hours in London and the Trafalgar Hotel overnight (Thinking Kew Gardens Orchid House, Westminster/BigBen and the tower of London)

Monday -
Arrive Munich 2PM, car rental, drive to Hallstatt Austria and the Heritage Hotel for 2 nights (ice cave, maybe the salt mine?)

Wednesday - Drive to Vienna and the Hotel Imperial for 2 nights (no plans other than the palace, Christmas Markets, and wandering the city)

Friday - Drive to Prague and the Hilton Old Town for 2 nights (Wenceslas sq and prague castle, any recommendations to buy Crystal?)

Sunday - Drive to Munich and the Hilton City for one night, depart for TX Monday at 11AM (the BMW museum?)

I got some amazing advice on the tube in London, and places to see from searching the forum, but didnt see much about Hallstatt or the routes I will be driving (with a GPS of course, haha)

Thanks so much!