FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:49 pm
crnkshft

Originally Posted by crnkshft
I just book round trip airfare from LAX to DOH, the list price at the KLM site was between $8900 and $12,000 USD. I paid $3690 and the flight leaves in less than a week. I am not sure why you would think this is a scam, they tell you that the ticket is an award ticket based on redeemed miles, and that you do not earn miles using their tickets.

For all of us that has used award miles you already know those flights do not earn frequent flier miles, and if you have ever read your contract, it says you can transfer or use them how you see fit. I am just glad that big corporations have these miles available, and that I can get low cost business class. For their prices 3 of my flights cost what one would normally cost, and traveling this trip 6-8 times a year means enormous savings for me. Also I check with KLM and regardless of reward ticket or normal flight I am entitled to use the Executive lounge, so this is a real plus when figuring out what to do during layovers.

I will update next week when I get to Doha Qatar, and when I return in December to LA.
I have returned from my trip to Doha, and used L4L to fly my wife out to see me during my visit, both of us had uneventful roundtrips. The flight attendants remember you based on how many times they have flown with you, and since there is nothing on the ticket to indicate it is an air miles ticket, your perks will result from the flight attendants choosing to give you updgrades.
I got upgraded on the short leg on the way home from business to first on Emirates... Stick with business, The only difference I saw was the TV was bigger, but since it is not HD it is really not better to look at, and they have this sliding wall that closes you in, reminded me of being in a bathroom stall, and I kept wondering if someone was going to peek in over the top... anyway they are legitamite, just don't use up all their miles, I don't want to spend double to get business class...